Happy Saturday, friends! I just wanted to take a moment to give a sincere thank you to everyone who has supported and encouraged me throughout this process of becoming a full-time photographer.
As ready as one may think they are to confront life and pursue their passions, it’s difficult to go at it alone. Life gets in the way sometimes and though I try to appreciate the process for what it is and learn something from the hardships and setbacks, the encouragement I’ve received has really helped to keep things in perspective for me and not let my fears take hold of my life. Had it not been for my dearest friends and family, this process and my dream would have been so much more difficult. I’m so humbled by the overwhelming show of support and love I have received and thank every single one of you from the bottom of my heart.
when people genuinely support each other, and wish for their success, it’s truly a beautiful thing.
So to all of the people behind closed curtains who have quietly (and not so quietly) been rooting for me and anyone else out there in the pursuit of their passion and dreams… to the people who have sent you well wishes from the beginning… to the people who, however small or big, showed support…to those who liked, reposted or mentioned you on their social media…to the people who believe in you and challenge you to grow…. thank you. Thank you for being my champion. Thank you for inspiring others to fill the world with their creative beauty. I believe that community is a powerful tool for change and when people genuinely support each other, and wish for their success, it’s truly a beautiful thing.
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- My parents who without their encouraging words and support, helped me to build the courage to pursue this
- Natalie, who told me that she would kick my butt if I didn’t do this and really challenged me to be better and be more authentic to myself
- Zafiro, who listened in to my worries all the way from Spain and helped inspire my creativity
- Though I’ve been taking photos for a long time, I have to thank my first official clients, Ana Lucía and Alex, who took a chance on me by being their photographer for their Newborn Session
- And last but not least, to my hubby, who stayed up long nights listening to me, encouraging me and coming up with ideas on how to organize my business and translate everything I have in english to spanish hehe
And with that being said, here is an overdue WELCOME to the SA Blog! This is my online home and I’m delighted to show you around. Grab a cup of coffee (or tea, in my case) and enjoy viewing some of my latest work, and getting a little peek into my journey as a photographer. Apart from showing some of my recent work, I hope to also create some meaningful content and hopefully inspire others out there who need a little nudge of encouragement like I did.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend! Cheers to being a #GirlBoss!
** photograph in featured image thanks to the wonderful Melissa Young Photography **